This program is what breaks the norm of volunteering. It is a 3 step process:
- You provide us with your skills, experience and sectors you have passion for.
- We provide you with a selection of projects from NGOs who need someone just like you.
- Based on your preferred project(s), location and number of hours, you can then decide which NGOs you would like to help make a lasting impact on the South African community.
You don’t have to decide right away. You can meet the NGOs when you arrive and make your mind up then.
Every volunteer is unique and offers a variety of skills, experience levels, and interests. It is this diversity that allows us to meet the range of challenges facing the NGOs we support. We offer volunteer opportunities that vary in length, location, and focus to fit any skill set or schedule, with time commitments ranging from a one-time commitment of 3-4 hours to much much more.
This program requires you to:
- Arrange your travel
- Arrange your accommodation (we can help!)
- Be self-motivated and capable of arriving at a new organisation, understand their needs, listen, understand, get engaged and drive change.
In short, consider this a sabbatical or vacation filled with purpose.