Please find below some links to some incredible sites, projects and provocative speeches that I would like to support. I have tried to group these to help guide you. If you have further suggestions, I’d love to hear about them!
The way we think about Charity and Poverty is totally Wrong:
- The Way we Think About Charity is Dead Wrong: my favourite!
- Effective Giving:In-depth charity research.The top-rated charities are proven, cost-effective, underfunded, and outstanding.
- TED.com Social Good: 8 inspirational TED Talks on driving lasting social change.
- 3 Myths that Block Progress for the Poor: From the Gates Foundation
- Hans Rosling on Ted: Whatever Hans has for breakfast… I need some! Insane… but being a data lover myself… just incredible.
Most Effective Charities to Donate Money to:
- Schistosomiasis Control Initiative: The SCI work to improve the health and development of the world’s poorest populations by eliminating the poverty sustaining and life-threatening effects of schistosomiasis and intestinal worms.
- Deworm the World Initiative: The Deworm the World Initiative advocates to and supports governments in their implementation of mass school-based deworming programs.
- Against Malaria Foundation: AMF provides funding for long-lasting insecticide-treated net distributions (for protection against malaria) in developing countries.
- Genevacharityball.com – putting the Fun back into doing good! I helped kick these guys off and am in eternal gratitude as it is here I met my better half.
- Ted.com – endless material to inspire you. Perfect for watching in the bath or keeping you company over lunch.
- Purpose.com – a team of practitioners and experts in how to move people to action—political organisers, master storytellers, geeks, creatives, economists, policy wonks and entrepreneurs… their words!
- Impacthub.com – a global network of over 7000 members in nearly 60 cities, with a shared focus on creating real impact. For my Geneva friends… we now have a hub in Geneva! Check it out: www.facebook.com/impacthubgeneva
- Bankerswithoutborders.com – the organisation that comes closest to offering that what Power-of-You offers (and admittedly more)… an inspiration to me.
- All Out – All Out is mobilising millions of people to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice their family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.