WHILST YOU CAN FIND MY INTENTIONS BELOW, THIS IS CURRENTLY WORK IN PROGRESS AND NOT APPLICABLE.
USING MY RECOMMENDATIONS WILL ENSURE 25% OF YOUR RENTAL FEES GO DIRECTLY TO THE CHARITIES YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO SUPPORT
One of my biggest frustrations once I was committed to volunteering was housing. After many close calls, I was fortunate enough to stumble across a landlord who whilst not offering 5 star accommodation, did offer:
- Shared accommodation (usually with international students learning English – highly recommended!)
- Private accommodation
- Clean living (regular cleaner)
- Support should you require any help
- Weekly BBQs with her tenants if you fancy meeting up with people
- Great range of locations (I recommend Sea Point – 100m from the best outdoor Swimming Pool in the world and half way between Camps Bay and down town)
- Airport pickup
During my stay, I asked my landlord if she would would consider giving 25% of the rent to anyone I recommended to stay with her who was volunteering. She agreed… as did the car rental company… this got me very excited. This would be a great way to over-come my frustration of arriving at a charity with little or no means of pushing your ideas.
In short, by using my tried and tested contacts, you will have peace of mind and 25% of your spend will go directly to charity. 80% to the charities you are volunteering with and 20% to the Volunteer Centre to cover their costs and support their fantastic work. Again… nothing will go to Power-of-You or myself. Promise.
This is of course fully optional and if you would rather find your own way or leverage your contacts, we are fully supportive.